Friday, October 13, 2006

Infamy in the Jersey Evening Post!

Infamy, infamy, they've got it infamy! once famously said I believe by Frankie Howard is my immediate reaction to a small article in tonights JEP about my Blogging activities.

For those of you who haven't blogged before, it is a wonderfully cathartic experience, particularly when it comes to my political comments on this Island. I would also add that my reactions to various topics is immediate and therefore might on some occasions seem rather strong.

In an earlier blog I gave Julian Green our new Airport director a hard time following one or two comments he was quoted as making to the press. Following some discussions with my colleagues in the Jersey Chamber of Commerce this commentary has been developed a little more thoughtfully and I hope a more balanced article will appear in the not too distant future in the Chamber on Line magazine.

Given the huge changes currently taking place in our Island at the moment and the uncertainty that that causes, it is important that we all take part in the various debates. Hopefully that means a pat on the back sometimes as well as the more familiar kick.

I've come to the conclusion that it isn't good enough to simply sit back and take what Government throws at us, we need to be proactive and influencing the decision making process. If that happens then our Island will be all the better for it. Everybody has a part to play.

No comments: